Each person is unique and many different factors will go into the decisions.
- what stage is your Loved One at?
- how aware are they of the day/date/time of year?
- will they know about the day if you don't mention/celebrate it?
- will the day bring good or bad memories?
- will the day trigger thoughts about dead friends/relatives who Loved One wants to celebrate with?
Of course, if your Loved One (like Lizzie) is in a Nursing Home, this year will be very different. Because the staff at the home is amazing, we know we'll be able to video chat with Lizzie on Mother's Day, but we won't be able to bring her flowers and chocolates and her other favourites. We'll make up for it later but we wonder how this will affect her.